Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I just recently acquired a 2003 202 Bowrider and want to

Customer Question

I just recently acquired a 2003 202 Bowrider and want to install a echoMAP™ CHIRP 53dv - just the GPS device, not the transducer to see lake contours. Can you help me figure out where to route the wiring harness under the dash?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: No ma'am.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

What are your questions specifically?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.

Right, I understand that. I am no there to see your dash. What kinds of questions did you have?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What wires do I install the wire harness to under the Bowrider dashboard?
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.

Is there an existing fuse block on the dash?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't know what a fuse block is
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.

If you don't know what a fuse block is your best bet is running the power and ground wires directly back to the battery

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I was hoping you might be able to supply me with a diagram or illustration that would help me figure out where the fuse block was located. I'm sure there is one. If you don't have that information, I don't think you are going to be able to help me.
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.

Diagrams and illustrations do not exist for boats like this.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** has not been helpful. Sorry.