K. Kergan
K. Kergan, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  24 yrs exp. Inboard/Outboard mechanic Mercury/ Mercruiser, Volvo Penta and OMC, Johnson/Evin.
13730749

We have a 1988, 28ft Carver Mariner that is in need of new

Customer Question

We have a 1988, 28ft Carver Mariner that is in need of new curtains for all of the windows, sliding glass door. I have looked on the Carver web site but can not find any information. Could you tell me where we might look for new ones? Thank you
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: I know this is not a mechanical issue, but I don't know where to go for information.
Category: Boat
Expert:  K. Kergan replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is Kerry

It is very difficult to find many parts for older boats, especially non-engine parts.

I found this site, you could find others;

http://www.curtain-tracks.com/curtains/boat-curtains/

You can either find suitable replacements yourself or have them custom made. (possibly expensive)

Google "boat curtains", I searched "Custom boat curtains"

Hope this helps