Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a mercury 225, on the lake I get 4 short beeps? 225

Customer Question

I have a mercury 225, on the lake I get 4 short beeps?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: 225 Mercury 2005 model I think. On the lake I started getting 4-short alarm beeps when I would accelerate with the hot foot!
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: At the back of the motor where the motor cover is there is an exhaust hole in the middle of the motor, I noticed what appeared to be black rubber lookin stuff
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 1 month ago.

Would you please post the serial number of he engine, so that I may see which model you have?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
All I have at this time is 2005 225 pro career optimax
Expert:  Charles replied 1 month ago.

At this time, we cannot call overseas.

Ok, an opti, that works.

Have you checked the fuel for water and the oil level in the tank on the engine?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am not overseas. No water in the oil and the oil reds or is full.(###) ###-####Texas number
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Drop it then
Expert:  Charles replied 1 month ago.

Sorry, Your location shown Switzerland.

There is a water sep filter on the engine with a sensor that will detect water. This is on the VST on the let side of the engine. It is a silver box. Remove the hose from the rear lower fitting, then open the drain screw for the front section. Catch the fuel in a glass jar and allow it to settle. If there is more than one layer in it, there is water in the chamber.