Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

Absolutely love my Honda 250. Lower water at lake got me out

Customer Question

Absolutely love my Honda 250. Lower water at lake got me out of my routine when coming into the slip and let it run out of water for 15-20 seconds. I shut if off, got it back in the water and ran it a couple of minutes. All seems fine. Anything I should be concern about? Thanks.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: Nope.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.

Since the pump was already wet, you may wind up being ok. When the pump is dry and you run the engine, that is when the impeller can melt and cause overheating. The main thing to do on your next trip out is to keep an eye on the water tell-tale, water pressure gauge and the temp on the engine. If all of that is good, there is nothing to worry about. If the water flow seems less, you would want to replace the impeller.