Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Nothing yet. I will be going to the east coast from north

Customer Question

Nothing yet. I will be going to the east coast from north east Montana. January is a good month to go south and east. I"m 70 but put four girls through college and have little money. Want a 20 to 26 foot boat w/o motor. Not particular about year. Cheep boat. But want to put maybe a 50 horse Honda on it. Will use it on Fort Peck lake, St mary"s lake and Yellowstone mostly. Put a trolling motor on it. Need >5 to 1 knot speed at 130 feet with down-riggers. The questions that come to mind is weight of four stroke vs 2 stroke engines. There is a 22 foot one for sale in Texas but it has a 200 Johnson. Who maintains these old motors. No one here in Montana thaats for sure.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: No doubt in the future. But not now. After I sign off for sure
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 month ago.

Hello m name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

I read what you wrote but do not understand what you are trying to ask. What kinds of questions did you have?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 month ago.

Are you still with me?