Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I need to lift the engine up manually as the power told

Customer Question

I need to lift the engine up manually as the power told button won't work, i think I probably need a new solenoid valve but will get that replaced when I take boat in to get winterized and stored,
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: for now just need to tilt engine tip, probably 1995 engine
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

I don't see any kind of make or model information from you. What are you working on?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Mercury 75 outboard maybe 1995my name is*****
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
typed wrong number (###) ###-#### is correct one
typing too fast!!
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

Hi Bill,

If it's a Mercury engine I will need the serial number on the engine in order to identify it. Can I get the serial number on it please.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have no idea, it is in Wisconsin and i live in Chicago, 75 HP , i sure very standard , has 2 power tilt buttons up and down of course,
had the valve that goes down this spring, boat works fine all summer,, now as i try to take it out of lake the up button
won't work, so i would think there is a way to do it manually
did you see i typed the wrong phone number
and correct one is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

There is no such thing as standard. Some engines have used 5 or 6 different style power trim systems for the same horsepower engines. I would need the serial number on your engine just to start, if the serial number comes back and says that there are different option trim systems for your engine I would need pictures of it. Without the serial number I simply can not help you because without it there is no way for me to know what you have.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am sure I need a new solenoid valve for the up control ,.
but will do that later, just want to get the boat out of water this weekend
meant to say I had replaced the valve that control the downIssn there a manual over ride???
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

Yes all of the trim units have a manual override.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If haven't looked yet, where might it be, I am not that handy but could figure it out and just want to know where to look,
Thanks
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

Again I need your serial number. Without it I can not give you a accurate answer. If you don't have it or can not get it then lets just call this quits. There are also no time limits here, so if you want to get it later on and get back to me that would be fine as well.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No problem.
Bill
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

The serial number is ***** on a tag on the clamp bracket portion of the outboard, starboard side. Click this link for a picture

http://www.iboats.com/basics/mercuryserial.jpg