Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I have a yamaha ar 192 jetboat that has a high output

Customer Question

I have a yamaha ar 192 jetboat that has a high output engine. I live in the far northeast. do I just add antifreeze to the rince adapter to fully get antifreeze through my engine? Do I have to pinch off the intake at the back of the boat so that antifreeze doesn't just escape through the back of the boat?
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Do you know where the flushing port is on your engine?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 month ago.

What you want to do is start the engine up with no cooling water hooked up to it, give it 2 or 3 quick revs of the throttle, and then shut it down. This will blow 90% of the water out of the engine and exhaust system. Try not to run it any longer than 20 seconds or so. Then, you can use a funnel or one of those west marine winterizing kits, whichever way you go adapt the funnel or winterizing kit to the flush port where the garden hose goes. Start the engine back up and pour your antifreeze in. That engine will take about 3 gallons. Once you get 3 gallons in, promptly shut it off. This engine has an open cooling system so you are always going to loose a little bit of coolant no matter what you do. Because of that, use the RV/Non-toxic type antifreeze, that way if any animals decide to drink the spillage it won't hurt them. Does that all make sense.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 month ago.

I don't know how you want to leave this but that is where you stand on your end and what needs to be checked. I think that should do it but I work for tips so I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Just checking in. No rating has been put through for my service so I just wanted to see if you had any further questions on the issue.