Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a steyr MO246K41 deisel engine with a Steyr Contrl

Customer Question

I have a steyr MO246K41 deisel engine with a Steyr Contrl Centre display screen. It is not counting down fuel total. When powered up again it reverts to original fuel total. It also is not counting up engine hours. It is stuck on 940 hours.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

Hello, how are you today? Can you post a picture for me?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Chris,I have attached scanned copies of the user brochure for the engine management syste. I have checked and tried all the advice on the documentation. I need to know if you can suggest why it is not carrying out the 2 functions I listed. Do you have a solution, or will I need to send it to a Steyr service centre? If the problem is in the wiring, sending it away will not solve the problem.Regards,Paul.