Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Keeping in mind I have a very well maintained 87 sea ray

Customer Question

Keeping in mind I have a very well maintained 87 sea ray sundancer 26 ft . Powered by a mercruiser 330 mag 454 thunderbolt 4 ignition and performance center riser steel exausts manifolds. I'm not sure if this engine is the 2 bolt main or the 4 bolt , Also are the heads the peanut or oval port . I would like to change the cam intake manifold and do whatever is required to the heads dependeding on recommendations based on what I have and its capability my block has low hrs on it and well maintained as well as drive . I'm looking to get at least 5 to 8 mph mor at wot and maybe 400 hp
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 month ago.

Hi Steven, my name is Jason.

The only way I can figure that out is if I look it up by serial number. Do you have the serial number on the engine handy.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Where would the serial numbers be located Jason I can find out do you know off hand?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 month ago.

The serial number is ***** a metal plate riveted to the engine block just above the starter motor.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There is no tag on this block I did get some numbers from over the fly wheel off the blockbuster 361959. Next set is33384. 2 over the 8. 42387
Expert:  Jason replied 1 month ago.

I can not do anything with the numbers you provided. Click this link for a picture, this is where the Mercruiser serial number would be. http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r282/Lyndy_photo/Engine/Merc_SN_Location.gif

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Jason there is no tag there
Expert:  Jason replied 1 month ago.

Well, I won't be able to help you with this one then.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok I understand
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Jason, I really appreciate your help. Since, you cannot answer my question if you don't to opted out of my question. I spoke to Customer service and they are looking to different now. Thank you!.