Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Second opinion] - I have a 2008 stingray with Volvo 4.3

Customer Question

Second opinion] - I have a 2008 stingray with Volvo 4.3 engine. I forgot to close the flush kit, took the boat out and it overheated. Brought the boat in, hooked a hose to the flush port and temp came down fine. So ordered impeller, replaced it, and now won't cool with flush kit or in water
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Tan. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and will reply momentarily.

Expert:  Tan replied 1 month ago.

Could I get the engine model number please?

Expert:  Tan replied 1 month ago.

In this diagram locate the hose # 6 and disconnect it from the thermostat housing or the heat exchanger. Now turn water on start engine does it pump water?http://www.marinepartseurope.com/PentaPictures1000/22128.jpg