Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Serial OT522695 60hp bigfoot 2002; Shift tube just above the

Customer Question

serial OT522695 60hp bigfoot 2002; Shift tube just above the lower unit is splitting, can't find a replacement part number< also the interior of the tube had some deteriorating fiber; the tube is rubber like material is about 2" die. and about 4.5" long....the shift shaft runs thru this tube. Can you help?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: This item seems to be a "wear" tube, as it is flexible and is below the swivel bracket. This is a Mercury outboard.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Can you take a picture of the part that you are looking for.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 month ago.

Are you still with me?