Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a jabsco elongated toilet electric ce 12v 20150381 in

Customer Question

I have a jabsco elongated toilet electric ce 12v 20150381 in a 23dc world cat.would not flush in beginning of season had to take a stick to move flap so it would flush.then lube it up.now the flap is in the open position and wnt shut.just lubed it again.any idea how to fix.thank you sarge
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: no thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Tan. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and will reply momentarily.

Expert:  Tan replied 1 month ago.

Do you have a model number please? The number you posted doesn't help.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
will get back to you tommorrow
Expert:  Tan replied 1 month ago.

Ok I will be here. They make many different models all the elongated tells me is the size of the bowl.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
model # 37045-series
Expert:  Tan replied 1 month ago.

Is this the flap you are referring to # 11? This is the joker valve. This allows the water/waste to flow in one direction.http://www.downwindmarine.com/images/P/91002557.jpg

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No,when you look down toilet there is a white plastic that when you flush it opens then closes so waste don't come back up.
Expert:  Tan replied 1 month ago.

Does this look like your head? http://www.downwindmarine.com/images/P/91002557.jpg

This is the head for the model number you posted. As you can see in the diagram there is no flap.

The valve I posted is the joker valve an it stops the waste from coming back in the head.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
In may the flap got stuck after I took a piss.had to take a stick to open.
Expert:  Tan replied 1 month ago.