Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a 2000 150 hp 2.5 efi xr1 mercury. the boat was in

Customer Question

i have a 2000 150 hp 2.5 efi xr1 mercury. the boat was in storage for 6 + years. i drained all the fuel and replaced all fuel lines and cleaned the fuel tank and water pump . the first time i ran the motor seamed to be running fine for about 15 minutes then i heard a beep beep beep beep shut the motor down. i have a new oil cap sensor i installed. could this have anything to do with the alarm
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.

The rapid bepping could have been the oil cap. Have you tried to run the engine since replacing the cap?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
just today. Put boat in water and started the motor had the beeping right away turned off motor and took boat home
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.

Ok, make sure that the tank is full to the top. If it is not, that will sound the alarm.

Do you have the serial number of the engine? I need to look and see if it has another sensor for the oil system.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
0G089400
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.

Thanks,

You do have the oil pump sensor on the engine. Do you have a multimeter and a 15/16"socket, we can test the drive on the pump.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No I'm headed to work now. Wouldn't have time until tomorrow morning
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.

No worries, there are no time limits here. We can continue then if you can get the meter and the socket.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.

Your welcome. Talk to you then

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Are you on line?lf so l'm ready to start
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.

i am now yes.