Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

We just bought a 1996 sea rayder when we put it in the water

Customer Question

we just bought a 1996 sea rayder when we put it in the water and put it in gear it doesn't go anywhere. We have ordered a cable for it thinking that was it. Now second guessing should we replace the whole shifting mechanism?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: our left trim tab doesn't work but we have narrowed that down to the cylinoid that is bad and just have to order the part
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 1 month ago.

Have you checked to see if the bucket is moving when you shift the control and the boat is on the trailer?