Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.

I have a 1999 Stingray boat with a 3.0l Mercruiser. I just

I have a 1999 Stingray boat with a 3.0l Mercruiser. I just replaced the alternator and can't remember where the 4 wires go. The bigger red wire is easy but the other 3 are not. Help
Customer: replied 5 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

The big black wire that you see is not needed, that wire is not factory and somebody added it for some reason. (I couldn't tell you why somebody did it, I can only tell you it's not factory, so you can cut that one out. You will need to clean up the smaller wires with some light degreaser to see what colors they are. I'm attaching a picture that shows where those smaller wires go. See attachment.

I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you

Was there anything else?

It looks like you read my answer without replying back or putting through a rating for me. Please keep in mind the website did charge you to speak with me, but they will hold your money and not credit me for helping you out if no rating is put through. If you have a further question on the issue by all means please feel free to ask. If not, kindly select a rating for my service. If you have a problem with the ratings box or can not see it please let me know.