Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.

Tan I have a 1993 150 hp evinrude which runs low on fuel

Customer Question

Tan I have a 1993 150 hp evinrude which runs low on fuel when going hard also we have to prime the fuel every time we start up it now has a new fuel pump and carburators have been cleaned is there a float bowl In this system
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 8 days ago.

Hello, I'm Tan. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and will reply momentarily.

Expert:  Tan replied 8 days ago.

When the engine acts like it is running out of fuel try squeezing the primer bulb real hard. Does the engine pick up and run better?

The only float is in each of the carburetors.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
two pumps on the primer bowl and goes well
Expert:  Tan replied 7 days ago.

Ok run the engine on a different fuel tank. Your symptoms are a fuel restriction or air leak. If the engine runs better then the boat side fuel system is restricted or one of the fuel line connections are allowing air into the fuel system.

The engine smoking is a sign of an air leak. This causes the VRO pump to cycle faster pumping more oil and smoking.