Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a searay 175 3l merc I0. Boat was running well last

Customer Question

I have a searay 175 3l merc I0. Boat was running well last time I started losing power went from 30 to 25 could not go faster, Checked compression 160 in 3 cylinders one was 120 sprak plug had electrodes knocked off.Whats going on >
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: no thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

I read what you wrote. How is it I can help you, what kinds of questions did you have?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Pete I have a searay 175 3l merc I0. Boat was running well last time I started losing power went from 30 to 25 could not go faster, Checked compression 160 in 3 cylinders one was 120 sprak plug had electrodes knocked off.Whats going on >
Expert:  Jason replied 1 month ago.

Hi Pete,

If the electrodes were knocked off, that cylinder had detonation issues going on inside of it. Are you familiar with what detonation is?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 month ago.

Are you still with me Pete?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 month ago.

I'm here waiting for you, you did pay the website 26 dollars to speak with me, did you still need or want help with this, or did you want to call it quits?