Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.

Brought it home to winterize. It's been out of the water for

Customer Question

Brought it home to winterize. It's been out of the water for about a month. Won't start. I have spark at #1 plug and fuel at the carb. I changed and filled the water separator with fresh fuel. Cranked and cranked with no start. Cranked for a full minute with throttle wide open.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 11 days ago.

Hello, I'm Tan. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and will reply momentarily.

Expert:  Tan replied 11 days ago.

Pull flame arrestor off crank the engine then look down the carb after cranking do you see fuel?.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The good news is I was able to get it started. I simply put an empty water bottle on the end of the fuel line at the carb and pumped some gas through. Reconnected it and it fired right up. The bad news is I wasted your time and mine.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I guess maybe I just had some stale gas in the line somewhere from the tank to the carb. Seems fine now.
Expert:  Tan replied 11 days ago.

Ok glad it was something easy.

Thank you......Tan