Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have water running into motor housing. It looks like the

Customer Question

I have water running into motor housing. It looks like the piss water port.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: my motor is 75 hp optomax model 1075d73ey, sn 2b110254, 75L opt. the problem is there is a hose fitting that is spewing water into engine compartment. it isw down by the water piss water port.
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: this fitting needs top have a hose on it. looks like a water piss port.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Is the pisser working on the engine, or no? Can you take a couple of pictures of what you are looking at so I can see it?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 month ago.

Are you still with?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ya a nother of your teck tried to get me to buy more service.the water pisser is workin fine, is connected to motor manifold. just to the back of this connection on the block is this added fitting that is poring water into housing.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 month ago.

Good morning and sorry for the delay. When you replied back last night I was already off to bed.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have spent the day talking to motor dealers and going to there shops looking at motors and have found this is the hot water exhaust from the block, and has never had a hose on fitting. Oops. Now how do I get a hose to the lower unit exhaust. I need factory assistance for this. This is not my problem.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 month ago.

Okay no problem. Good luck!