Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

Just installed a 383 stroker and bravo 3 x outdrive on 28

Customer Question

Just installed a 383 stroker and bravo 3 x outdrive on 28 foot Larson cruiser. Replaced both fuel pumps because one or the other kept blowing the fuse. Now the guardian mode is shutting down engine inconsistently. I can be running at 4200 rpm for 30 minutes. And all of a sudden alarm goes off and shuts down to idle and then I can playing with throttle pushing 4800 rpm and running speed up for a few seconds and guardian mode is just fine. I have never tried to push rpm past 5000 rpm. Got any ideas what to look for? Dean
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: I think I have pretty well covered my deliema. Dean
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 12 days ago.

Hi Dean, my name is Jason.

Have you hooked the engine up to the scan tool yet to pull the codes and see what is causing it go into guardian mode?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No I have not done that yet. Trying to figure out problem without taking to dealer
Expert:  Jason replied 11 days ago.

Pulling the codes is the first thing that needs to be done. Did you have any questions that I could answer for you?