Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a 2014 boston whaler w/200hp mercury dorado 4stroke.

Customer Question

I have a 2014 boston whaler w/200hp mercury dorado 4stroke. About 5or6 months after I bought it,when I tried to get on a plane it would shut down&die.They have put 2 fuel pump switches in and a coil,it is still shutting down when I use it. I can't depend on it. Marine Max is the dealer Seabrook TX
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: When I first got the boat this happened,and I went to dealer to see what was wrong. We went for a ride and it ran fine. I can't understand why it happens when I use it. Could this be a LEMON?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

First thing is to make sure that there is not a primer bub in the fuel line. If there is, get rid of it the Verado does not require one and it could actually be causing the issue. When the engine shuts down, is there a fault that comes up on the gauge? If so, what does it say?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I usually don't have my glasses with me when on the boat. I haven't seen a fault on the smart control.No bulb.
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Does the alarm ever go off when the engine slows down?

Would you please post the serial number of the engine?