Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

Started motor in drive way 225 optimax with ears on went ten

Customer Question

started motor in drive way 225 optimax with ears on went ten minutes and horn went off solid beep. water out of the motor did not pee. Cleaned it with paper clip it started working and was cold water. Ran for ten minutes and horn went off. shut down reset throdle shifter and it went ten and horn again was solid sound . This boat has set for about 6 months.
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 23 days ago.

Hi Warren, my name is Jason

When was the last time the cooling system as a whole was serviced on the engine? That would include changing the impeller, thermostats, poppit valve, and sea strainer.

Expert:  Jason replied 23 days ago.

Hi Warren. It looks like you read my reply and logged off without replying back. The website did charge you to speak with me. Did you still need help with this?