Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

I've got a dt 55 bout 98 model, starts, runs pumps water but

Customer Question

I've got a dt 55 bout 98 model , starts , runs pumps water but took it for a run and its bogging down and stopping in gear , out of gear and pull up the choke lever its revs like crazy , any idea
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: Ok
JA: What else should I tell the Marine Mechanic?
Customer: Just its a Suzuki , dt55 , been sitting bout 4 years , but like I said starts runs pumps water , revs with choke lever , in bucket , tank , in gear , goes , but in the water , the motor in gear Boggs down then stalls ,
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. The problem you are describing is due to fuel starvation. When the engine is under load it require much more fuel then when it is revved without load. Thus you would need to check the fuel filter for any debris and also remove the carbs and clean them. If you require further assistance on performing this operation let me know.

Noel