Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

On my Suzuki df140 I had a cracked fuel tank got water in

Customer Question

hey Jason my name is ***** ***** my Suzuki df140 I had a cracked fuel tank got water in fuel replaced tank all filters hi pressure low pressure and water seperater then it would not crank taped on vst where high pressure pump is and cranked run good on hose put boat in idle fine but wont run under power change all four injectors and spark plugs still not good under power took top of vst off fuel don't look good finally got bottom of vst off don't think I can get all back on with out removing manifold was gonna order new vst can that be put on without removing manifold and if not how bad is it to remove manifold.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: I think that's all
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 24 days ago.

Good morning, Jason here, whom am I speaking with?

I don't quite understand your question. Are you asking how to remove the VST, or something else?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Put all back together it fixed the problem but my limit light is on how can I reset it to get the light off.
Expert:  Jason replied 24 days ago.

Is the check engine or oil pressure lights also on, or flashing? or just the limit light all by itself? Is the limit light flashing or constant?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Limit is only one on it come last time I run before I fixed it and now is still on but runs great the light don't flash it on constant
Expert:  Jason replied 24 days ago.

Is the engine limited to roughly 3000 rpms or does it make full power under a load?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
the limit light come on when motor was running bad last weekend and I brought home took vst off and clean it put back together runs great but limit light still on i think I maybe need to reset or something
Expert:  Jason replied 24 days ago.

There is no reset, the system will self reset once the problem is fixed.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Jason replied 24 days ago.

You are very welcome.