Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Engine crank ok, it will not start. It seems like it no

Customer Question

engine crank ok, it will not start. It seems like it no getting the spark. Where is the air intake. It is 30hp four stroke.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Eng. Mod: 1A30413FK It was left sitting for approximately 3 months. It is approx. 3 years old. It always started and operated perfectly, until now. I just checked and cleaned the fuel bowl/filter.
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: After cleaning the fuel bowl/filter, I fill the bowl with new gas.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Have you checked to see if it actually did or did not have spark?

Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

I'm not going to make a call unless I know what exactly what we are doing here. I don't want to spend 1/2 an hour on the phone with you only to tell you that you have to take it to a dealer, and you refund my fee. What is it you are looking to do here? How can I be of help to you?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok, a little earlier I ask my questions, and agreed to pay. did you get my questions
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok, the then answer on line
Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

This is what I see from you

Is your only question where the air intake is, or did you have other questions on top of that?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
my 4 stroke mercury 30 hp engine will not start. it crank ok, but act like it is not getting the spark. where is the air intake
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok, Thanks! I am done with this.
Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

Click this link to pull up a parts diagram - http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Merc/Mercury/2006/1A30413FK/INTAKE%20MANIFOLD/parts.html

The intake manifold is #1, the throttle body (what you are calling an air intake) is #11

Did you have any other questions on the issue?