Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

I have a 1996 kawasaki zxi 1100 that currently only will go

Customer Question

I have a 1996 kawasaki zxi 1100 that currently only will go to 4500rpms, and idles when it wants to. the jet ski stopped working to begin with and only let out a backfire when it popped off, then i replaced the stator and igniter box, also cleaned the carburetors and also switched the carbs from my identical jet ski, I'm getting all of the same readings on the ohm meter and test light from the working jet ski as i am on the non working jet ski, i don't know what else it could be. I visited with a local marine mechanic and he told me it could be timing he didn't even look at the jet ski though apparently he was too busy.
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 27 days ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

Have you checked compression and leak down yet?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
sorry I forgot I did that compression was good in all cylinders, I'm unsure of what you mean about leak down?