Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Anyway to get a 2008 Mercruiser 5.0L TKS (carbed) engine to

Customer Question

anyway to get a 2008 Mercruiser 5.0L TKS (carbed) engine to display engine data on a Garmin GPS that has the NMEA2000 input?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I just did! :)
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: nope.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

What kind of data were you looking to feed to the GPS?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
RPM, engine (water temp), oil temp & pressure, engine hours and any other available data. I'm not sure if any or all of this is possible on my boat (can anNMEA2000 interface be connected to this motor). Also fuel flow/use info, but I know this would require a separate flow sensor.
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Got it. I don't know of any possible way to do this. I will opt out and leave this open to the comminuty.