Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma

9.8 parson 2 stroke ( c d unit register ) could have broken

Customer Question

9.8 parson 2 stroke ( c d unit register ) could have broken wire right where all of the wires come out of register. Replacement Cost $275+gst.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: 9.8 Parson C D unit Register could have broken wire when coming out of unit.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: Cost for new one is $275 + gst. ( Item No THP3B2 06170 0 Is there any way of fixing it.
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 29 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Unfortunately not as the unit is sealed. If there is no place where to solder or connect the wiring then there is no possibility of repairing it.

If you require further assistance let me know.