Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have 2 5.7 Volvo pentas. I replaced both alternators and

Customer Question

I have 2 5.7 Volvo pentas. I replaced both alternators and checked with my meter on the back of the alternator and both read 21 volts.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I have 2 5.7 Volvo pentas. I replaced both alternators and checked with my meter on the back of the alternator and they both had a reading of 21 volts.
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: no
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Do you have the model numbers on the engines so I know what you are dealing with?

Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

If you don't have the engine model number handy, what kind of alternators are they? Are they Mando's, Valero's, Motorola's or something else?

Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

It looks like you have read my replies. Are you still with me?

Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Looks like you are having a hard time using the website. Our website only works with PC based web browsers running the Chrome or Firefox web browsers. If you are using any other device (cell phone, tablet, ipad etc) the website does not work correctly. If you have any questions about how to navigate the website feel free to email customer service at *****@******.***