Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

Have an active alarm that says engine/shift - stbd stop ckt

Customer Question

have an active alarm that says engine/shift - stbd stop ckt active replaced shift position sensor & still motor will not even turn over
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: that's all I know the screen says engine/shift - stbd stop ckt active the stbd is starboard motor basically I think the motor thinks it is in gear and wont turn over but it is in neutral
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: not to my knowledge
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 24 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

It would be very helpful to know what it is you are working on.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
04-05 275 verado
Expert:  Greg Robinson replied 24 days ago.

You either have a fouled prop or seized shift cable. Remove the cable end at actuator and see if it shifts , try to manually shift cable. Is it seized? Replace cable.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
prop is fine & spins freely. these are Verados that are digital and don't have cables

I see , I apologize for that. I believe I might still be able to help. Is there a configuration wizard in controls? Sometimes you need special scan tools to do the configuring depending on what company your dealing with however all manufacturers that I know of can clear the computer by taking off the battery cables. With no battery in the system , touch the positive lead that goes to the stater to the ground wire for ten seconds. Wait a half hour and then reconnect cables to battery. When you turn on the key it will reset all the nodes in the system and "re-boot".