Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

How do you do to remove the starter from a sea ray

Customer Question

how do you do to remove the starter from a sea ray sundeck(###) ###-####with a mercruiser 5.0L Bravo III
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I have problems with the starter on a sea ray sundeck(###) ###-####with a mercruiser 5.OL Bravo III and I want to know how to remove it from the engine.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: serial number on the engine is OW381015
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 24 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

They used 2 different starters on these engines. Type one is on the lower left rear, type two is on the upper left rear. Unfortunately your serial number doesn't tell me which style you have. Do you know if yours is down low or up high?

Expert:  Jason replied 24 days ago.

It looks like you read my reply and left the conversation. The website did charge you to speak with me. Was this something you still needed help on?