Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

1998 sea ray sundancer I need to know how to remove the

Customer Question

1998 sea ray sundancer I need to know how to remove the lounge seat and back
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I took the lounge seat out but can't get the back out
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: I just cant access the removal of back seat. I can send you a picture if you tell me where
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. can you please advise the model of your sundancer eg 315 370 etc..

thanks,

Noel

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
27 sea Ray sundancer
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I should've put 270 Sea Ray Sundancer

Ok great!! The lounge seat should be easily removed by pulling it up and then out and as for the back normally it lifts up and has hooks on the back that slide out. That is the normal configuration, hopefully it has not been replaced.

Noel

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That idea doesn't work. It is bolted in by flat head upolstry fasteners with cuts on either side. It seems like they have nuts on them. It looks like I might have to take the aft ceiling down. Your response please

Ok then most probably they have been changed and if they have bolts then yes they surely have nuts on the back which you need toundo for the upholstery to come off.

Noel

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I know the nuts have to come off. I contacted you folks for an answer to get the nuts off but I guess you don't have an answer