Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

I I just bought a 03 searay 260 merc 350 ran it twice

Customer Question

I I just bought a 03 searay 260 merc 350 ran it twice noticed it got a little warm last time 180 and there is milky oil in bilge but the dip stick reads perfect and the oil is clean
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Is the temperature continue to rise or it stops at 180 degrees? Also how long has the boat been in the water and when was the last time the impeller was replaced?

Noel

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It a new boat to me not sure when it was replaced I shut it down at 180 and it cooled down no alarms went off or anything. I'm more concerned with the milk like fluid in the bilge and the oil on dip stick is reading good and clean

Ok then i would proceed as follows then. Clean the bilge and see if the milky fluid comes again after running the boat, also have a look on the temp and see if it keeps going up. If it goes too high the alarm will sould so if it does not sound you are still safe, thermostat opens at 170deg so at 180 its not bad especially if drive is a bit dirty and the impeller has not been replaced for a while i suggest you replace it.

Noel