Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

Mercruiser 150 HP 2003, two strokes, runs very smooth after

Customer Question

Mercruiser 150 HP 2003, two strokes, runs very smooth after started (1,000 RPM).
AFTER APPROXIMATE ONE OR TWO HOURS MOTOR STILL RUNNING VERY GOOD BETWIN 30 TO 40 RPM, BUT ON IDLE SPEED STAR DROPPING THE RPM VERY SLOWLY TO THE POINT OF STOP.
AT THIS TIME IS NO WAY TO START MOTOR AGAIN, THEN I HAVE TO WAIT AT LIST 20 MINUTES AND THEN STARTED AGAIN (1,000 RPM)
THEM THIS COMPLETE ACTION IS REPEATED AGAIN AND AGAIN.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. The problem you are describing seems to be lack of venting into the fuel tank. This could be result to a blocked fuel tank vent. Try running the boat with the fuel tank tap open and see if the problem still persists, if yes then the vent is blocked. If the vent is ok kindly post back so that we can check further .

Noel