Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

The wires on the lower unit limits are burned up.. How do I

Customer Question

The wires on the lower unit limits are burned up.. How do I replace them and reset the switches?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: The lower unit would not raise to trailer or up command. I had to lift it with a ratchet strap.Both wires on each side had no insulation and the 20 amp fuse was blown on the hyd unit.
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: I do not think so.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

I don't see any kind of model information from you. What are you working on, is it a Mercruiser or something else?