Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2013 Suzuki DF20A- SN 4100XX and the maintenance

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Suzuki DF20A- SN 4100XX and the maintenance manual shows a thermostat as being part of the fuel cooler. However on my engine the fuel cooler is a solid block of aluminum with water and gas running thru it. Where is the thermostat, was it moved or do I have a bastard engine?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: Engine runs until you accelerate, then goes into a reduced power mode and eventually stops. But will immediately restart with a green indicate and will idle forever. Engine case feels warm but not blistering. Plugs show white, or a very lean mixture.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Can you open up PDF files if I upload the procedure to change the thermostat in that format?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Dave here. To.upload pdf I need you to send to my email,***@******.***.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can you give me an estimate on how long before I receive a response via e-mail?
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

We don't work on email here. I opted out of the question.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Guess I don't understand, you just answered me on email.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If you send me a response just as you are doing now I an see a puffer file. I just don't normally use text.Dave
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Don't bother, I found my answer faster and the motor is repaired. I think you need to refund my $26!!