Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a 1998 60hp yamaha which has no spark to cylinder 2.

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 1998 60hp yamaha which has no spark to cylinder 2. Put another CDi on it and linked out white wire to a new kill switch. Its still not firing on 2. Iv switched over leads from cdi and that generates a spark through no 2 coil to plug.
Do you have any other ideas what it could be.
Thanks
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Hi Mike, my name is Jason.

Do you have the actual model number on the engine?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hi Jason its a yamaha 60hp autolube these are all the nos on plate 60FETO 6H2 L 463711ThanksMike
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Hi Mike. Disconnect the temperature sensor and let me know if spark returns on #2. The temp sensor is on the cylinder head, and it has a pink wire going to it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Jason. I will try that tommorrow and let you know. ThanksMike
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Sounds good Mike, let me know how you make out.

Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Hi Mike, how did you make out?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Jason. I did send you a reply yesterday. That didnt work unfortunately, still no spark on two. I have since been told its probably the stato ? or trigger under flywheel ?Not sure whether to go down that route yet ? what do you thinkmike
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Hello Mike my name is***** am checking to see if you still need assistance with your engine.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I do need help with it but iv sent you and jason two messages and not had responses, im not sure if you are receiving themThanks Mike
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Mike, this is the first one that I have seen from you. To test the electrical system, you will need a good quality multimeter. Do you have one handy?