wes brown
wes brown,
Experience:  installer/ technician at georges marine electronics

I own a Regal 2700 Bowrider with a Volvo Penta I/O. it is a

Customer Question

I own a Regal 2700 Bowrider with a Volvo Penta I/O. it is a 2013 model. after about 120 hours(it was serviced at 100 hours) I can run it for a few minutes or an hour or more with no problems, then a loud heat sensor alarm comes on and the motor automatically shuts down to below 1800RPM,s. the dealer has changed the thermostat, impellar and some other parts to no avail. I recently heard of another Regal 2700 with a merc cruiser motor has the identical problem(still waiting for their results) do you think it is the heat risers? The exhaust area is luke warm not hot. could it be defective sensors?
Thank you,
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  wes brown replied 1 month ago.
check for an exhaust temp sensor. it would be after the risers in exhaust system
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will contact the marina on my boat is in Florida. I am in the state of Massachusetts. I will have them check and change that sensor. I'm hope that is the problem I will not know the results until I'm in Florida mid October. I hope you're right this is been very frustrating.
Expert:  wes brown replied 1 month ago.

I am also in Florida. my first encounter with the exhaust water temp sensor sent me round and round.

But proper test equipment will tell you everything that is going on with engine

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i contacted my marina and waiting for them to replace those sensors I will let you know as soon I as I do. I am going there the 30 th of Oct.