Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

Have a 20120hurricane with a 4.3 ltr I/O. My issue is that

Customer Question

have a 20120hurricane with a 4.3 ltr I/O. My issue is that is vibrates and has a great loss of power. I have lost acceleration and top end speed. It also does not sound smooth.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I think that is it. Oh, it id not running hot either.
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

We must start with a compression test to eliminate any kind of compression issue.

Have you done and fuel filter changes yet? Then finally if we find these are good then we must be able to put the engine on a scanner if this is a MPI fuel injection engine.

Can you do these checks?