Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

2001 ski nautique- drive around for awhile and come down to

Customer Question

2001 ski nautique- drive around for awhile and come down to idle-- it dies. Wait a couple of hours and it starts up and drive great and then back down to idle-- it dies. Gave it to the dealer and it worked great for him. Everything check out fine-- Fuel pressure is good,etc. Any ideas??
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

I see you have mentioned that fuel pressure is fine but not when it was checked such as during the problem. The first thing I would check is fuel pressure during the problem, this means an fuel pressure test gauge connected while your using and when it stalls/does not start check fuel pressure. You could have a fuel pump going out or vapor lock. Next spray some starting fluid in and if it at least tries to start or does and stalls or does on it then it is fuel related in one way. If not fuel related next you will want to check spark, check compression (hot and cod), start with these basics.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.