Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

My 2004 Honda Aquatrax won't start now after a replace the

Customer Question

Hi My 2004 Honda Aquatrax won't start now after a replace the cylinder 4 I have put all the Engine back together, checked the timing,checked pressure everthing is fine number are around 185 but the engine won't start,no spark on spark plugs.
What can be the problem?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 1 month ago.

Can you hear the fuel pump run for a few seconds when the lanyard is installed?

Is the FI indicator and the red led light coming on?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the fuel pump goes on.
Everthing light on normal just no start.
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 1 month ago.

No FI light is good and means that all of the sensor connectors are OK. The most likely source of the problem is the cam timing is incorrect.

It is difficult to get the cam timing correct on these engines and if the exhaust cam is one tooth off the cam position sensor will be out of phase with the crank position sensor and there will be no spark. Double check the cam timing and be certain that you are aligning the T mark with the index pointer and not the F mark.