TIMOTO, Mechanic
Experience:  Former Kawasaki pwc tech. current Honda pwc tech.

I have a 2006 Honda Aquatrax turbo, there is a noise coming

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Honda Aquatrax turbo, there is a noise coming from the pump. Idling is not bad but when I give it gas it makes a lot of noise. I am thinking a bearing.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Hard to explain what the sound is, I am thinking it is a bearing. Can here it a little at idle but very noticeable when giving it gas.
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: There is a little shinny spot on the pump, maybe when the impeller rubbed a little. Not much though.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What ways can I check the bearing, should I remove the pump if so what is the procedure on removing it.
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 1 month ago.

Most likely the pump bearings are worn out. When that happens the noise is very loud when running it on the flush hose and mush quieter when in the water as the water dampens the noise.

Please leave a positive rating so that I can get credit for assisting you. After rating you can always add a reply back to this question if you need any more help with this problem.