Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

Have question about a repower...I have a 1988 imp with a 3.7

Customer Question

Have question about a repower...I have a 1988 imp with a 3.7 mercruiser want to repower with a 4.3..there is enough room in the engine compartment, and has stringers spaced far enough apart for the mounts on a v-block. im just not sure if the engine will sit low enough in the stringers to be level without modifying the stringers...do u know if it will just drop in??
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: nope
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Yes normally there should be space to mount a v bock as the mounts are located on the side of the block above the sump just below the exhaust manifolds so normally it should fit.

Noel