Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

No power. Just had battery replaced minutes ago fuses also

Customer Question

No power. Just had battery replaced minutes ago fuses also test fine. Still no power.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Seadoo Gtx has no power
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: The battery was replaced to today and I was told the fuses tested fine at the marina
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

Check the ground wire at the block, they are common failures where either the cable goes bad or the connection is poor (remove and clean)

Now if you are not having a problem with power but that the start/stop has no effect please let me know.

Engine start/stop switch verification;
Disconnect the Yellow/Red wire of the start/stop switch. Using an ohmmeter, connect test probes to the Yellow/Red wire and to ground. Measure resistance, it must be an open circuit (switch is normally open). Depress and hold switch, the ohmmeter should read close to “0” ohm.

Safety Lanyard Switch Verification;
If 2 short beeps are not heard when installing the safety lanyard, disconnect the switch wires.
Safety lanyard removed;
connect the test probes to switch Black and Black/Yellow wires. It’s an open circuit, there should be no continuity.
Connect one test probe to the White/Gray wire and the other test probe to the switch terminal. Measure resistance, it should be “0” ohm. Connect one test probe to the Black wire and the other test probe to the switch ring. Measure resistance, it must be close to “0” ohm.
Safety lanyard on switch; connect the probes to switch Black and Black /Yellow wires. Measure resistance, it must be “0” ohm.

(Above depends on model and year).

To check that you have good battery power and ground to the unit try jumping the starter solenoid and see if it turns the engine over.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.