Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

Will not go into forward, the gear box was replaced in the

Customer Question

will not go into forward
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: the gear box was replaced in the spring now it will not go into gear in makes a noise like it not full in gear and reverse did not work for awile then it worked but will not go in foreward
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: not at this time
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

Could I get the make, model and serial number of your engine please? Do you know the make and model of your control?