Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Just poking around. Bought a 1995 Chap. 2130 SS with a 5.7

Customer Question

Just poking around. Bought a 1995 Chap. 2130 SS with a 5.7 MERC and Yama. Engine seems to run well. At full throttle I get some variation in boat pull and the engine sounds like it is variable on the RPM's. Gauge does not seem to catch it . Boat was sitting for a year. Thinking old gas, Carb, or fuel filter.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: Na, total outfit is a Yamaha 5.7 PRSA 240 PSHP
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

Have you changed all the fuel filters? If yes I would run the engine on a different fuel source to eliminate the boat side fuel system as a possible fuel starvation issue. Surging is a fuel delivery issue.

Do these checks and post back with findings.