Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

Pls help.i have a 175 searay sport open now 2011 on a shore

Customer Question

Pls help.i have a 175 searay sport open now 2011 on a shore lander Trailer. Just bought a Nissan Pathfinder 2013 with factory tow hitch. I had my boat stolen and going to get it back but can't remember all I need. I have a 4 prong connector on pathfinder is my boat 5? Please help. If you could just list what I need I would be so grateful.
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I just have no info on it cuz it was all in boat. So no spec in trailer or nothing. Thank you
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

Hi Jenny, my name is Jason.

Chances are you have a 4 pronged wiring harness on the boat. 99% of all boat trailers do. Click this link for a picture, this is the style it would have on it. http://www.eyershitch.com/images/4flat-wiring.jpg

Did you have any further questions on the issue?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I had asked if you could possibly list the items i may need to get boat hooked up. I don't know what boa trailer looks like it was stolen and I don't have any info. Did you read my question?
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

That's why I was a bit confused. If the trailer is complete then you shouldn't need anything else. The 2 connections between the trailer and the tow vehicle are

1. The electrical connection - This would be the 4 prong plug

2. The hitch receiver, which is part of the trailer and generally not removable.

Without being able to see the trailer myself, all you should need is just the electrical connection and that's it. Does that make sense to you?