Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,

I have a 2007 Sea Ray 340. When I idled after a run I got a

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Sea Ray 340. When I idled after a long run I got a loud Buzzer sound. My dashboard display did not show any message telling me what the alarm is. It lasts about 20-30 seconds and stops as soon as I shift into gear. Engine performance seems fine. Happened again after another extended run. The buzzer sound is coming from dash area. Any ideas?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

It sounds like it may be running hot due to extended time lower flow however this usually would not go away simply by putting into gear unless it is increasing water flow in which case it would.

That is the first place I would check as off the top of my head I am not thinking of anything else that would stop by being put into gear.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.