Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.

I have a 1997 Martinique 2800 The a/c drain is not getting

Customer Question

I have a 1997 Martinique 2800
The a/c drain is not getting overboard . The drain is overflowing from under the head door onto the carpet.
How does the system work and what should i look for.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tan replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

The A/C unit has a pan under it to catch condensation it has a hose connected to the pan. If the hose clogs the water in the pan over flows into the floor of the boat. You must access the A/C unit and clean the pane and the drain hose. Pour some bleach into the pan to kill any algae that might be growing which can clog the drain.

Post back with questions and findings.

Please don't forget to positively rate my help as that is the only way I get credit for helping you on this issue.

Thank you.....Tan

Follow up questions are always welcome.