Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I am trying to purchase a replacement pump. I am using a

Customer Question

I am trying to purchase a replacement pump. I am using a Johnson F5B-902 as part of my sailboat/diesel engine cooling system. I would like to find the appropriate, equalivent Jabsco model.... This pump will be run at sea level, direct drive from the engine pulley (not belt) and I'm looking for a Jabsco that will pump the same, or equavelent quantity of water at between 1000 and 3000 rpm. Can you help, point me to the right Jabsco model pump?
Thank You
steve *********************
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

Hi Steve, my name is Jason

Pump companies do not copy eachother, and there isn't going to be a Jabsco pump that is "plug and play" so to speak. Is there some sort of issue with your Johnson pump?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am not looking for a 'plug & play' pump... I am looking for a Jabsco pump, 'equal' in water pumping (GPM) to a known "Johnson" Pump model, with known water pumping quantity (GPM). So, the Johnson Pump, model # F5B-902, per Johnson Pump specs. pumps approx. 10 GPM at 1000 rpm, it pumps approx. 12.5 GPM at 2,000 rpm, it pumps approx. 18 gpm at 3,000 rpm. So, I am asking for your answer, what is the equalivent Jabsco Pump, that closely matches the "Johnson" pump (F5B) output. Is that something I can get your help on? I know that Jabsco, and Johnson and all other pump mfg. publish their pump output specs, and I need help trying to find the right pump, closely similiar to the Johnson pump I reference. Thank you.
Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

The GPM's isn't going to be a problem, it's going to be the mounting and the hose routing and sizing that is going to cause you problems.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Jason, I'm sorry but I can/will be able to engineer the mounting and routing. I am replacing an existing pump after all -- but I need to know what "Jabsco" pump will supply the correct amount of water at the rated rpm-s. I am specifically asking that the gpm/rpm pumping tables be compared. Can you find me a "Jabsco" pump, which closely meets the water pumping quantities I have given you from the existing Johnson pump? Assuming that they are roughly the same size, I can re-engineer, and fabricate the proper engine mount..... I'm looking for the water pumping quantity, per the spec's of the Johnson pump and which Jabsco pump matches that. Thank you